Wednesday 9 July 2008

Head In The Clouds


"He's big He's red His feet stick out in bed"

I do love Peter Crouch you know.

He reminds me of my son in a way.

But he is much much much much much much taller.

Liverpool won't be the same without him, that's for sure.

The good news of course is we might see more of him playing now he is at Pompey.

What I like best about him is his 'differentness'. I mean if you had never seen him before and were asked to guess what he did for a living, football player would probably be very low down on the list.

Even at school he stood out from the crowd.

He is confined to a world where almost everything is too small for him.

Good job he has a sense of humour.

See you again soon Crouchie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw Crouch in the last but one game at Filbert Street. I recall being impressed with his footwork given his height. Which has got me thinking, is there a foot equivalent of the word dexterous?

Derek said...

The first time I saw Crouch was a few years ago at Swindon, he must have been playing for Southampton then. He was a handful with his height and good footwork and has obviously progressed even more since then. He has also filled out a little, just as well because he used to get bundled off the ball quite easily. I hope to see him on 18th when Swindon play Portsmouth in a pre-season friendly. Dexterous? Try "light on his feet" or "twinkle toes"

Georgina Best said...

According to free online dictionary, dextrous means "skillful in physical movements; especially of the hands". So I guess you can use it for feet too.
I do like the idea of Peter Crouch being nicknamed "Twinkle Toes" though