Wednesday 1 July 2009

Phew!


I've had one of those evenings that remind you how your life can change within seconds.

As I drove home from seeing my parents (my dad is coming along really well by the way), there was a car accident about 3 cars in front of me. Two cars involved. One with a couple in their 60s and the other with 4 lads in, aged about 16-18. The older couple were very shocked but clearly saved by their seat belts and air bags. The lads did not fare so well. The driver was pretty OK because he had an airbag, but it was an old car and the others only had their seat belts to protect them. The two back seat passengers were particularly badly injured although remained more or less conscious.

Of course the emergency services came and did their bit. Always amazing and indeed reassuring to see them in action.

It does make you think though. A few seconds earlier it could have been me in my little gold Yaris.

And such acts of fate or whatever you choose to call them, have no respect for who you are.

I'm just pleased the outcome on this particular occasion was not too bad. It could have been so much worse.

No comments: