Monday 19 November 2007

The Land Of The Giant


He's a bit of a one-off that Peter Crouch isn't he.

I mean for a start he is the most unlikely looking football hero. Famed for his great goal scoring ability and body-popping celebrations, his propensity to contort his body is legendary.

Not sure if he is quite as bendy as this though.

He reminds me of one of these.

Of course life for a tall boy is not always straightforward.

For example where do you find a bed big enough?

And do you think it is true that taller men are more sexually active and likely to father children? Or that taller men get paid more? And can you believe there is a club called the Tall Persons Club for the vertically endowed?

198 cm up sounds a long way up to me. Imagine how weird the world would look from up there. I wonder if you have to cup your hands and talk up to him to make him hear.

Of course it also means the goal is further away from his head than anyone else. Which means the target is much smaller.

So I guess that does make him a football hero.

1 comment:

Jungle VIP said...

I like that song by Randy Newman called "short people" Course, I spose most normal people would "look up" to Crouchey.
I saw him last year at Craven Cottage. All the crowd chanted "freeeeek" at him. He took it in good part....bless him.....as did John Arneriese.....who had "mummy's boy" chanted at him all the time.....those fulham fans are horrible.....love
JVIP