Thursday 8 November 2007

Pigs May Fly


I met a Bolton fan today. John McGrath. Nice man considering. One of the many enthusiastic followers of The Trotters.

He came to sell me advertising space and spotted that I am a Leicester Fan. I'd like to think this was because I am so foxy but it is more likely it had something to do with me drinking my tea out of an LCFC mug.

Well we got chatting then about football as you do, which was when he revealed himself as a Bolton supporter. I pointed out to him that they are a bunch of thieves because they stole our manager but he quite fairly responded by pointing out that the Bolton fans didn't want him anymore than we did before he arrived. Couldn't really argue with that.

I told him about the three managers that Mandaric allegedly has on his shortlist and guess what - he lives about 100m from Peter Reid! I tried to persuade him to 'trot' round there this evening to see if he could get me a scoop but he quickly changed the subject.

Anyway he will probably be too busy mopping up his tears when Bayern Munich give them a thrashing tonight.

So did I buy the advertising space? Of course I did. I was hardly going to add to his troubles was I.

2 comments:

Jungle VIP said...

well....megson's lot didn't get the expected thrashing....2 2 is quite respectable....but listening to commontators talking about it....they obviously don't rate the ginger one at all.....please please please......not reid or souness
jvip

Georgina Best said...

Yes well fair play to them I suppose,,,,,,,,,,,,