Wednesday 21 November 2007

Devastation


If you were a football manager, would you leave God on the bench?

So how come it took 45 minutes of football for Steve McLaren to put Golden Balls on the pitch?

And why did Peter Crouch have to play the game of 11 men in the first half?

And for what reason did we put on such a defensive line-up for the first half and then fail to defend?

I was riveted to me seat. I had my hand over my mouth. I was screaming (in the house on my own). I hid my eyes. I was glued to the screen. I had my fingers and toes crossed. I froze in disbelief as Croatia's third goal went in.

OK OK - I get it! I understand what doing football is really about at last.

The drama. The pain. The anticipation. The disappointment.

I'm truly gutted!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mclaren had his chance... and he failed... quite miserably. You're right to question the tactical decisions taken last night... i was appalled and im guessing few of us english will be putting a bet on football during the Euro Finals next year. Just out of interest, if you were to participate in a bit of football betting at some stage during the Euros, who would you back? personally i think it will be the azzuri but more importantly who do we think will be next england manager..? i wanna see another englishman there; not because im xenophobic, but because i want to see some determination, passion and pride running through the 11 players chosen to go out on the pitch and do a job. My fave candidates would be Coppell (reading), Redknapp (Portsmouth), and O'Neill (Villa) [even though the last one is northern irish - his record is impeccable]

Georgina Best said...

Hey stickboi. Thanks for dropping by. I don't know the answers to your questions but I'm going to try to find out.
I'd like Jose Marinio to come and manage England. Not based on any particular belief he's the right man. Just because I miss his entertainment value.
Oh and he is drop dead gorgeous too of course.
Just like me.

Jungle VIP said...

Hmmm....what a shambles. Interestingly, there was a seven to one bet with PP that England would loose the mtch. So few people must have cleaned up totally.

You´re new here stickboi...gonna have a look at your blog....interesting

JVIP