Friday 16 November 2007

Better Late Than Never


Sorry I haven't posted for a while. Combination of being very busy and feeling a bit mopey and 'can't be bothered'.

I know, I should be ashamed of myself.

It's not as if I have been short of material. For example, if I had posted on Wednesday, I would have talked about the press coverage on Wayne Rooney. He is apparently studying for GCSEs in Maths and English as well as learning to play the guitar. At one level you might argue that the report in The Sun is simply meant to be tongue in cheek. Personally I thought it rather cruel. Fair play to him I say. Go for it boy!

If I had posted yesterday, my story would have been about the Luton Bung Scandal. A whole load of Luton staff have been charged with breaches of financial rules. And guess who blew the whistle? Yes the man himself. Georgina's Best's hot tip to be the next Leicester manger - Mike Newell.

Today of course all the buzz is about the internationals. Scotland are due to play Italy tomorrow in Glasgow, having performed significantly above expectations so far in the Euro 2008 competition . The fate of England, however, still lies in the balance tonight after they beat Austria 1 0. A variety of convoluted alternatives could result in England qualifying by the skin of their teeth or being knocked out of the competition - a performance significantly below expectations.

Meantime The Foxes are having a little rest this weekend. Their next match is against Bristol City on 24th November. By that time Mandaric is hoping to have a new manager in place.

That makes two of us Mandy.

2 comments:

Jungle VIP said...

I can't for the life of me imagine the "roon" playing a guitar....but maybe he'll do that. The perhaps, he won't be so bored. Thought the sun piece was a typical guttersnipe....er sniping exercise.

My pal Andy is a hatters fan. He says they all had it coming and he's glad its been surfaced.

Part of me hopes england get knocked out. Then perhaps something will be done to work this thing out with Mclaren. (I don't believe in quotas btw)

And I'll be shouting for the Jocks tonight....thats for sure......fair play to um

JVIP

Georgina Best said...

Will you be watching the match tonight or do you have better things to do?