Wednesday 20 August 2008

Not Everything Can Be Cured With Antibiotics


I made myself some tea tonight and settled down to watch the England match.

Only to find it wasn't on. Not on any of the four channels I can receive anyway.

What should I do? Go upstairs and listen to it on Five Live over the Internet? (I try to avoid having to re-tune my radio because I'm not very good at it)

Or would the allure of a programme about embarrassing diseases prove too much?

A bad dose of psoriasis, group breast checking and a discharging foreskin later I am now sitting at my computer, the dulcet tones of Five Live ringing in my ears.

And my heart sinks to learn we had already gone one down.

Hooray - we've equalised. Scored by Wes Brown.

I thought he was a defender. What's he doing up there?

What do I know - I'm just a girl.

Rats! They've scored again.

Beckham has apparently just done a "cushioned header"

Bentley now stepping forward for "his moment"

Frank Lampard on.

Downing has given the ball away sloppily.

Yes!!

No!! Offside

Four minutes of added time

In the back of the net!

Who cares if it's untidy

Lucky too...............

...........It's over!

We drew- which is pleasing of course.

We played rubbish though.

What are we going to do? Why can't anyone fix the England team? Are they incurable?

Maybe the best we can hope is that whatever they've got is contagious and everyone else in the World Cup competition catches it.

10 comments:

areallaticfromthesouth said...

Nowadays - you have to pay to watch football even on the telly - who won? I thought it was a draw (2-2)... however perhaps English football fans have won... now that Brian Barwick is going to leave his post.. why wait till December, why not now??

2-2 Foxy Lady

Georgina Best said...

Duh! And that was before I started drowning my sorrows! Now changed.
I promise to say nice things about Chelsea in the future ............ one day ..... maybe .......

Anonymous said...

It was a right lack lustre performance. So many many things to address both big and small

CF

Derek said...

The sooner we only allow the maximum of 4 foreign players on the pitch at any one time in the english league the better.
Even at Swindon we have been searching the continent, and not just Europe, to sign players, not much better than some of the local talent. These local lads do not get a chance to develop and from the look of the england display we are reaping the rewards (?) of our stupid policy. I know all about the E.U. regulations about employment but in Ice Hockey you can sign what they term as imports but only ice a limited number during the game. If you exceed this number then penalty minutes are served. So let Chelsea and the rest spend their Russian Rubles but only let a set number of 4 on the field at any one time. The others can be sat on the bench.

Mosher said...

Derek beat me to it. The last time England were a good side, a huge portion of the team played for the same league side - Newcastle for a couple of years, ManUre after that.

Shearer, Pearce, Gascoigne, Lee, Barton (Warren, not that f*ckwit ASBO)... all at the Toon and managed by Uncle Bobby for England.

Then you had the ManUre squad with Beckham and company who ruled the roost in the Prem and had 5-6 played in the England squad.

Nowadays, name me any Prem team with three *regular* starting English (and England-level) players. This is why Scotland's team is, IMHO, far better than England's now.

Georgina Best said...

derek and mosher - It's a tricky one and I agree with what you say up to a point. There has to be more to it as well though. I seem to recall hearing that virually all Holland's first team players play for teams in other countries. I know they crashed out of Euro 2008 but they are certainly better than us.

Mosher said...

OK, how about we pay them £500,000 per England game? If they're not good enough, they don't get picked so lose out - and a million win bonus.

Seems to be the only language the greedy buggers understand.

seseth said...

Extra resources helpful hints anchor high quality replica bags moved here click this

saneas said...

t1x96n7p80 b4c88p8j51 t4z93h4m75 z1y95i4p85 o0t79t4n65 x3i37a0z97

Anonymous said...

hermes outlet
yeezy gap hoodie
off white jordan
steph curry shoes
kyrie 9
off white
yeezy outlet
giannis antetokounmpo shoes
bape sta
bape