Sunday 31 August 2008

Freefall


Talk about falling from grace. Can you believe Derby are actually bottom of the championship?

Yes they were clearly out of their depth last season, but you kind of expect a relegated team to be somewhere in the top half of the next division down don't you?

Paul Jewell said afterwards it was the best they had played so far this season too!

I did try to find out if there has ever been a team relegated in two consecutive seasons but I haven't been able to find anything out. Do any of you know better?

I don't really want to seem mean spirited. It's not kind to laugh at someone else's misfortunes, especially not now I appreciate the pain of relegation myself.

Of course if it was Leeds or Bolton I wouldn't hesitate to enjoy the experience. But that's understandable isn't it?

6 comments:

areallaticfromthesouth said...

At the moment, Leicester are too good for League One but not good enough for the Championship yet.... and you have got a good chance for a paint trophy or something which kicks off this week?

Mosher said...

Successive relegations... Leeds and Sheff Wed, I think. Don't quote me, that's off the top of my head.

Beer Footy and Birds said...

Hi 'Georgina' spare a thought for Derby.....while your at it my love can you say a prayer for Crystal Palace. At the rate we're going we will end up in Div 1 with the Foxes or possibly even swapping places with you!!!!!
We bought sod all in the transfer window & off-loaded a couple of players, chairman Simon Jordan wants out, seven other players are still on the transfer list, cos they are always injured or are plain cr*p. We need all the help we can get!
Good luck to the Foxes this season!

Anonymous said...

Pretty! This was a really wonderful article. Many thanks for supplying this
info.

my web site; vertical jump exercises

Unknown said...

Good Article, souvenir kawin murah jakarta. thanks for your article. :)

yanmaneee said...

jordan retro
ferragamo belts
timberland boots
nhl jerseys
goyard
moncler jackets
adidas zx flux
nike jordans
nike x off white
coach outlet sale