Sunday 22 July 2007

Only Believe


I've finished The Book.

Don't worry - I'm not going to spoil it by telling you what happened.

It's a strange feeling though. Harry Potter has been a part of my life for the last few years. I have awaited each new book with anticipation and excitement. I have lived the ups and downs. I have watched each battle never knowing who would win.

It has not been without its casualties. Characters I have grown to love have died. I have laughed out loud. I have cried real tears.

And now it is finished.

It's fiction of course. And as I put the book down my head is returning to the real world. A world where there is a water shortage because of the floods. A world where we have a heatwave in April and record rainfall in July.

So who is to say where fact ends and fiction begins? Who is to say that Leicester City will not win the FA Cup and the Premiership one day?

Not me that's for sure.

No comments: