Friday 19 October 2007

Dear Webmaster.............


I sent a very cross email to the official LCFC website today.

It is rare for me to be galvanised into actually making a complaint. I largely have a 'live and let live' attitude. Nor do I consider myself to be a prude, or particularly politically correct.

I was, however, completely shocked and indeed incensed by one section of the website. It is ostensibly for fans to post jokes and contains a variety, some of which are reasonably funny.

What offended me were that a number were about sex offences against children.

Yes, that is what I said. Astonishing!

I simply can't get my head around how the topic can ever be remotely funny. Not only that, but the fact that they appear on the official website means, in my view, that there is a club endorsement, albeit tacit.

There are also jokes about domestic violence. I mean what is the matter with these people?

The irony of course is that we live in a society where people who commit sexual crimes against children are reviled. The "string 'em up and castrate them" brigade often undermine genuine attempts by individuals to change and refrain from committing further offences.

How then does this square with telling jokes of this nature?

I'll be interested to see what sort of response I get to my complaint.

No comments: