Saturday 27 October 2007

The Punditry Of Pies And Parkas


Clearly my reputation as an emerging football pundit has reached further than I realised. When I arrived at The Walkers today there was Sky Sports waiting to interview me!

Seriously they did! And it was screened, because I had a bemused phonecall from my stepson later in the afternoon who had just seen it.

I was asked about my views on Megson and what we might want in a new manager etc. And there was me in my LCFC shirt, new LCFC scarf, dodgy parka and hair all over the place.

Just goes to show a girl can never be sure when stardom will strike and should be prepared at all times. If I had known I was going to be on TV I might at least have tried to show a bit of cleavage.....

Anyway back to the match.

I have to say that whilst you might argue I am hardly an expert (this is only my third live match), today was the best I have seen the Foxes play. They weren't perfect by any means and Barnsley were not the most challenging side. Nevertheless, there were times when play got exciting enough for me to leap to my feet and shout/cheer/applaud. Being in the Kop meant I had a great view of the two goals too (see picture above of Kisnorbo's goal)

To add to it my lover and I shared the headphones for his little radio and listened to the commentary on Radio Leicester. For a girl new to the game like me it was a really useful way to learn as I went along, whilst still getting the atmosphere of being at a live match.

Having taken a quick look at Talking Balls my fairly positive views seems to be at odds with the fans posting there. I stand by them though. I have had a great day out. And I am famous!

PS: My first pie experience proved a disappointment - as you can see from the picture

3 comments:

Lady in red said...

ewww too much sauce

glad you enjoyed your moment of fame :-)

Jungle VIP said...

If you look at the foxes performance yesterday, it wasn't half bad. In my lay person's eyes this is what needs to happen.

a you need a goal keeper who can distribute the ball safely.

b you need a little and large combination up front

c you need Mr Newton on song from the kick off instead of on and off all the game

d make sure collins john gets better real soon

e practice keeping the ball on the ground

f continue to improve your fitness levels which are pretty good already

g encourage players not to "hoof" the ball.....but think ?

h try to find a natural left footed player to run the line on the...er..left...in the transfer window

i praise the effort they made yesterday and encourage more of the same

j write to mandric and get him to walk around the pitch ahead of the match exhorting the library (that is the walkers) to greater efforts.....reminds me of the arse atm

jvip

Georgina Best said...

thanks lady in red

i will pass your comment to the new manager jvip and mr mandaric maybe