Friday 31 October 2008

Kissin' And Spittin'


I've kissed a few strange things in my life as you can probably imagine.

Frogs that never turned into princes. Money goodbye on many occasions.

Oh and of course the life size poster of David Essex I had on my wall when I was 14 (which I kissed a lot actually)

But I can truthfully say I have never kissed a badge. Something that appears to be all the rage in the world of football at the moment.

Rooney's at it. Barton's at it.

And they are not the first.

Rooney though seems not content at limiting his spread of mouth germs to his own shirt.

In 2003 he was in trouble for spitting at Everton fans.

Five years later, older and wiser, he is in trouble for spitting again. This time at a photographer.

Personally I think Bobby Robson had the right idea when he tried to integrate such activities into the game itself

2 comments:

Beer Footy and Birds said...

Hi Georgie,

How are you?

Just been catching up with your recent posts on yor site.

Spitting is just so..........well passe. Outdated, old-fasioned & old hat!
Next they will be sucking their thumbs or rocking their arms from side to side like they were cradling a babbie!
Oh God they already do!

Why can't they celebate a la Stuart Pearce style - Clenched fist, pumping bicep, & yelling at the fans!
Tarts!

All the best
Mark.

Georgina Best said...

Hey Mark

Thanks for dropping by

My lover reckons the ultimate 'celebrator' was Cantona whom he tells me on one occasion just looked cool as a cucumber after scoring as much as to say "yes... and ... what else did you expect"