Monday 6 October 2008

Snatched From The Lion's Jaws


I was cuddled up to my lover yesterday afternoon when we heard the score.

Liverpool were 2 - 0 down to Manchester City.

My lover sort of whimpered.

"That's it. They're done for".

He is convinced Liverpool are going to win the Prem this year.

We disagree.

I think Chel$ea will triumph (much as I would rather it was the Arse)

Anyway, as a result of hearing that scoreline, my lover decided that was the downward turning point for Liverpool's season and all hope of being champions was lost.

After some more cuddling up, we heard the final score.

2 -3! How did that happen?

Now all of a sudden Liverpool are back on as favourites to top the Premiership by some in our household.

And if guts has anything to do with it, they may just stand a chance.

Fair play to them I say.

3 comments:

AndyCR7 said...

If title was to be decided by last 2-3 week's performance then Hull stands a better chance... :P

United is there... And as Rooney said Liverpool can expect to finish third at best... :D

And I'm sure Chelski will mess it up at the last moment... :D

Anonymous said...

I hope Liverpool do win the title, but sadly, I still think it will be between ManUre and Chelski. Could there be a more boring outcome?

Georgina Best said...

andycr7: ever the optimist!

Cunningfox: probably not