Tuesday 26 February 2008

Are You A Fox Or A Hedgehog?


If Football was a work of literature, what genre do you think it would be?

Perhaps horror. After all that is the label that has been attached to the Taylor tackle on Da Silva. And it is by no means the first.

Comedy maybe? Or a tragedy.

Something to touch the heart? Or a little bit sexy?

I think, though, it is probably a fable. Which means you need to decide whether you are a fox or a hedgehog.

What am I? Well girls, there are no spikes on me. I'm as foxy as they come.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always thought that football is a soap opera. So to keep within the spirit of your enquiry I suppose that football is like a serial in a periodical magazine. Bearing in mind that Dicken's books started life like this, so I am led to believe, then this is not the insult one might first suppose.

Georgina Best said...

I think that is a great analogy. And of course soap opera always has larger than life characters. For example, the clown (Sepp Blatter perhaps), the intellectual (Wenger maybe), the romantic (Keegan?), and of course the bad boy (Joey Barton springs to mind).

Jungle VIP said...

Intellectual.....Wenger....goodnss

JVIP

Emma said...

Heya. Found this site through kickette and really love it, will be popping up frequently!

Georgina Best said...

JVIP - Well maybe cerebral is a better word

banana raccoon - Welcome. Thanks for the kind feedback. Let me know when you 'pop up' again won't you :-)