Saturday 2 February 2008

Just A Little Prick


I didn't manage to get to the match today but I listened to it on the radio.

I thought we were in trouble as soon as Taylor-Fletcher scored but then in the second half The Foxes seemed to be getting it more together.

I was happily strumming my guitar as I heard Howard put the ball in the net for us. Just managed to keep enough wits about me not to drop it as I jumped up in delight, cheering.

But later on it all went horribly wrong with some suspect decisions by the referee - including a missed 'handball' by Blackpool and a very dodgy dive by the aptly named Dickov, which resulted in a free kick.

The game could probably have gone either way or no way but even so the 2 - 1 result feels harsh. How wonderful it would have been to be celebrating this evening.

The shoots of recovery are visible. But we are nowhere near a harvest yet.

Then again, as the old Spanish proverb goes:

"He that has a good harvest must be content with a few thistles"

Or to quote another proverb:

"Who gathers thistles may expect pricks"

Guess today proves the point.

1 comment:

Jungle VIP said...

Talking of little Pricks.....I wonder how Dennis is doing this week after that recent three nil defeat.....I see trouble ahead.

Sorry about foxes today, they deserve better don't they ?

JVIP