Wednesday 20 February 2008

The Joy Of Life


I have just become a grandma again.

My stepson and his wife have had a baby boy.

The good news is that my stepson is football mad so my grandson is going to grow up in a good footballing tradition.

The bad news is he is a Chelsea fan and they live in America, which means it is going to be hard for me to subversivly win over the new arrival to The Foxes.

I will have to think of a cunning plan.

Seriously though there is something wonderful about having a new baby in the family, even if sadly so far away. It brings joy to your heart and hope for the future.

Which is just as well when you read awful stories like this. Sickening eh?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Georgina!! And there's hope for the little tyke re The Foxes.

Since he's born in the US, he's covered by an obscure FA rule allowing us crazy foreigners to support more than one club.

Or so I tell English friends who criticize me for watching Chelsea, Man United, and Reading even when they're not playing one another......

Georgina Best said...

Thanks for the contrats Gina. Thanks too for telling me about that rule. As a girl who is still learning to do football there are still some things I don't know. Lucky I have readers like you to help me out.

My lover is very impressed you watch Reading being a Royal fan himself. I think you may have a friend for life.

Georgina Best said...

Oh and I hope is isn't really a tyke. I couldn't bear him to be a Barnsley fan.

Jungle VIP said...

hmmm....congratulations indeed. Maybe he'll be the person who makes America a footballing nation. Certainly, it'll take a huge effort. As for supporting two sides; this is not exclusive to America. For many years in this country there has been the concept of the side everyone wants to do well. Something like your favorite second side. That club used to be Newcastle. Not sure who the team might be now. Any ideas ?

JVIP

Lady in red said...

personally I don't purport to be a fan of any one team but follow the fortunes of several


congratulations on the birth of the newest family member

Georgina Best said...

Don't you even have one that's a bit more favourite than the others? I can recommend a rather excellent East Midlands team..................