Wednesday 2 September 2009

All Aboard For Platform Nine And Three Quarters


I'm not sure if I previously revealed this but I am a mad bonkers Harry Potter fan.

Indeed until I discovered that football offers rewards on a much greater scale, my passion for the series of books was as visible as my new besotted love of the beautiful game.

How brilliant then to have had a light bulb moment yesterday, when it suddenly occurred to me that there is a particular feature of football which bears a remarkable similarity to the world of witches and wizards.

In fact, if you didn't know it existed, you would say that a portal which only opens up between certain times and jams shut the moment the period is up.

Like a spell being broken.

But beware those who miss the transfer window and try to travel by a different route.

No comments: