Wednesday 9 September 2009

Welcome Home


I haven't had the best of days, although I won't bore you with the details.

But as I was driving home listening to Talk Sport I heard some news that lifted my spirits and made my own silly little troubles pale into insignificance.

Remember this story?

Well if you had not heard already, Michael Sheilds has been released today with a full royal pardon.

Even more touchingly, I got home to an email from his campaigns team sent to everyone who has sent messages of support during the last 4 and a half years.

I wish Micheal all the support and strength he will need to rebuild his life. I hope he can find a way to move on from the injustice he has suffered so that it does not continue to blight his life through unresolved feelings of anger.

Welcome home Michael.

No comments: