Friday 30 March 2007

Civil War


Blimey! The boys are fighting amongst themselves! See the comments on my post From Factories To Foxes on 26th March.

Of course, I am assuming they are boys. They don't actually say so. But call it an educated guess.

Don't mind me boys. You just carry on amongst yourselves. I have work to do. Quite a lot of it it would seem as I can't make much sense of what either of them are saying and I certainly have no idea which, if any, of what they say is true.

I don't care though if I am honest. Which doesn't necessarily make me a bad person.

But it does seem to suggest that there is a lot more to 'doing' football' than just finding out about the game and the people that play it. Apparently you have to have a view on all the politics of it. The sociological importance. The political angles.

And there I am - I don't even know who plays for my team. I really should think about finding out because they play their first match tomorrow (that is first since I became their fan which is obviously a milestone in their history even though they are not aware of this yet). Against Stoke City. Away. (Revision tip - this means The Foxes are playing at Stoke's ground).

I expect you are hoping I am going to make a prediction about the score. I don't intend to disappoint you.

I have researched the matter carefully. Looked at the message boards to see what the "well educated in doing football" have to say. And then I tossed a coin and I can tell you the score will be 2 -1 to Stoke.

You wait and see. I will be right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

George
I'll await the result with ananticipation "bearly" concealed.

Reading play Spurs today. I predict a draw. Please god let it be a draw and not some awful, abject defeat.

Spurs fans, incidently, are boo boys through and thorough......they have been reprimanded particularly for this over the past few weeks. Sometimes spurs fans can be in receipt of bad things themselves. A few weeks ago when they played West Ham.....some of the "Hammers" were chanting holocaust filth at them. This is because quite a lot of the home crowd at TH are Jewish. Funny old world init ?
SS

Georgina Best said...

Far be it from me to correct you but I believe the Reading Spurs match is Sunday