Saturday 24 March 2007

Finger Pointing


This business of who is to blame for some inconsistent performances this season is not as simple as you might think. The manager, Rob Kelly, blames the players. My guess is that Mr Kelly has to take some responsibility but then what do I know?

Hey guess what. Good news. Leicester have a girls team. How fab is that! Read all about them here.

Oh and I have put that post on a couple of the fans sites as promised. This is what I wrote:

Hi
I'm new to LCFC and in fact new to football believe it or not. It's a long story but my lover reckons girls can't do football (he is a Reading supporter so what would he know!). So I have decided to prove him wrong.
After a careful selection process I decided LCFC is the team for me.
So any suggestions (preferably clean!!) about how to find out more about the team would be fab. This will help me with my blog, which is aimed at girls that cant 'do' football but should hopefully provide a few laughs for the boys too!

I will let you know if I get any replies.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well love, I suppose it's ok for you to watch the football.

Just as long as you've done all your ironing and yer old man's snap is on the table.

Georgina Best said...

Welcome macfox.
Round here we girls have a somewhat different relationship with our men. It's called feminism. Probably not reached your part of the world yet but look out for it. It is quite big.

Do call again

Georgina

Anonymous said...

McFox
I suspect an older man here. "Snap" being an expression that passed out of normal usage in about 1955 with the writings of "one" Alan Sillitoe

You'll be calling her "Me duck" next

As for feminism, an overated concept or social construct put around by the big boys with big money to make women think they are involved in some way, whilst working 16 hours a day to "have it all"

I'll call again

SS

Georgina Best said...

SS - Such a cynic.
Do call again

Georgina