Monday 19 March 2007

Rum Ti Tum Ti Tum


So then - to consider the autobiographical and/or geographical connection to these teams.

Portsmouth - well I did once cop off with a sailor. That's about it though. I can't think of any other connection
Reading - the team my lover supports. Definitely in with a chance on that basis. Mind you it would limit the scope for (friendly of course!) rivalry. And the only time I have stayed in Reading I was very sick from food poisoning. Not the happiest of memories.
Plymouth Argyle - I saw my daughter dance in a competition in Plymouth once. She was fab. And my step daughter went to Plymouth Uni (though based in Exmouth). Nevertheless I do have a positive connection so this one is in with a chance.
West Ham - um well as a vegetarian I would struggle to support a team with meat in it's title
Watford - a mad boy from Watford pursued me once. And I have always liked the thought of the Watford gap though never fallen down it.
Sheffield United- I'm not allowed sharp things so given their affinity with knives and other things sharp perhaps not
Ipswich - a place I never been nor ever want to
Leicester - quite a few of my family members on my Dad's side come from Leicester. And the cheese is OK
Stoke - like the slight sexual undertones of the name. My aunty lives near there and I went clubbing with my cousin once in Stoke.
And finally....
Hull - makes me thinks of boats. My parents had a boat and I have some nice holidays on that. Otherwise no connection

So taking account of the above and all my other research who will it be?........

Cue drum roll

Find out next post

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

George George Georg

Science is the key......not one's carapace. And Rob Kelly has no track record of value ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Kelly

Good luck buddy.....you'll need it......you rrrzzzz you rrrzzzz

SS

Georgina Best said...

i hOpe you are OK SS. You appeared to be suffering some sort of afflication by the end of your post

Georgina