Monday 10 December 2007

Mum's The Word


Ssssh! I've got a secret!

My Mum and Dad have bought me Ian Holloway's book for Christmas.

Now please, you mustn't let on you know. My mum said I have got to forget about it now and pretend it is a surprise when I open it.

My poor parents. Goodness knows what they make of my new found passion. Most of my friends are completely baffled by it, if somewhat amused.

I suppose my parents have known me that much longer - all my life in fact :-). They are used to 'Georgina and her strange ways'.

And then there is the fun of teasing my dad. A dyed-in-the-wool egg-chaser. We now have the shared joy of arguing about whether the earthy skill of rugby boys can compare with the choreography of the beautiful game. And whether the "I can still score a try with two broken arms and a severed leg" mentality of rugby hunks has more merit than "I've broken an eyelash and need to be carried off on a stretcher" which we can't pretend is not around in football.

Sadly, just as I was gearing up to convince my mum she should spearhead a "Mourinho for England" campaign amongst the population of 'more mature' women, I learned that he has ruled himself out of the running.

Guess I won't be getting everything I wanted for Christmas.

3 comments:

Jungle VIP said...

There's a distant radio station in Australia, much copied by hawksbee and jacobs that has an interesting commentator who plays a large lady singing when things are getting tough for his team.
It reminded me of this

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-3703936822929518530&q=fat+lady+sings&total=134&start=10&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=5

I'd say its a little early to writing off Jose....despite the papers. You know what you said....."what a PR Machine. ?"

JVIP

Anonymous said...

I'd say that currently, Leicester and England are more successful at egg chasing than they are at footie. Of course we're all hoping Ian Holloway will change Leicester's fortunes but I'm not sure how England will do without Jose.

Georgina Best said...

JVIP - I thought it was all over once the fat ldy sings.

cunningfox - I agree with all you say (only don't tell my Dad I said so!. As for the England manager 'fisco' .. well see my next post.