Sunday 30 December 2007

For Auld Lang Syne


As we hurtle towards the end of 2007, I thought it might be a good moment to look back over the last 12 months (well why not - everyone else is doing it!).

Specifically at my football highlights for the year.

Well in truth just under 10 months. The first two months were BF - Before Football.

So the first highlight has to be my decision on March 7th to start a football blog.

For those of you not around at that time it is much as the paragraph at the top explains. The result of a challenge I couldn't resist.

It is really weird looking back at those early posts from where I am now. I really could not see how I was going to find a way in.

I remember after I had finally chosen my team the first time I went to visit The Walkers. All the way on my own on my bike. And the most amazing experience. Very spiritual.

And since then it has been a whirlwind love affair between me and football. The excitement of live football. Violence on and off the pitch. Sex and scandal. And fandom.

And not forgetting the suspense of endless speculative and actual managers. Warnock. Maddog Allen. Megson.

But best of all, the drama, loves, laughs and tears with Jose.

My god I love football.

1 comment:

Jungle VIP said...

Gosh what a lot of posts. Question.......is your love affair with footy or the men and women that play it....or indeed both?

Question ? could you love this man.....

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=2546938506038690649&q=the+roon&total=172&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=9


as much as you love this man ?

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=4346203972623343632&q=the+special+one&total=42670&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3


Congratulations on a great piece of work

JVIP