Wednesday 26 December 2007

On The Line


I'm going to take a bit of a risk today.

There is an area of football punditry I have carefully avoided to date. Probably because it is harder to blag in that if you know very little about what is going on in football you can get found out.

It is the prediction of results.

I'm not talking about my guesses about the outcome of individual Leicester matches. I mean when you make predictions about all the matches in a particular league on a particular day or weekend.

I thought, therefore, I would tackle the Boxing Day Premiership fixtures as a start.

So here goes:

Birmingham v Middesborough 1 - 1
Chelsea v Aston Villa 1 - 0
Derby v Liverpool 0 - 3
Everton v Bolton 2 - 1
Portsmouth v Arsenal 1 - 2
Sunderland v Man Utd 0 - 2
Tottenham v Fulham 2 - 0
West Ham v Reading 0 - 0
Wigan v Newcastle 0 - 1

I'm off to the pub now for a Boxing Day drink or two but I will be tracking progress carefully throughout the day.

GB's reputation is on the line after all.

1 comment:

Jungle VIP said...

I think you did good. Mostly, your predictions are in the right direction. I could not have done better for sure. Spurs with 4 at CC is pretty serious and Newcastle is all over for Big Sam in this bear's view.

Looking forward to many more of these debates. You're now a pundit
JVIP