Friday 7 December 2007

Right Backs Need Not Apply


Hey - guess what!

The FA have approached Mourinho about the possibility of becoming the England manager! He is on the shortlist!

I knew there was a reason he did not come to Leicester. He was destined for something else.

Meantime, Ian Holloway, the man who eventually did arrive to manage The Foxes, is starting to win the support and respect of the fans. Not that he came to a hostile reception but looking at the forum discussion when he was appointed there was certainly a sense of "we will wait and see".

Olly has quite a good media profile as we know and he is using this to excellent effect to communicate with the fans and wider football world. In a great article in the Guardian today he bemoans the current profile of the team:

"Everyone is a right-back. I'm going to change our name to Right-Back United.".

He also discloses that he wishes he was Scottish like Alex Ferguson, as being an "ooh-aah person", as he calls it, gives him less gravitas. Mind you I was a little confused about some of his logic:

"I wish I was related to William Wallace because did that bloke deal with some injustice. Would you like your wife to be taken off and shafted by an English laird on her wedding night?"

I think the answer is probably 'no' to that one Olly.

Anyway, there is building excitement in The Foxes' camp as we approach the January transfer window. Mr Holloway will have his first opportunity to spend Mr Mandaric's money. Although it sounds as if his message to potential signings will be "Right Backs need not apply".

1 comment:

Jungle VIP said...

Well then.....that rules out Garry neville then. Apparently, he's just gone off sick again.

I think I like Mr Holloway. He does, however, talk like a hackned stand-up act and, whilst this appears rock and roll to the punters, I'm not sure his intellectual abilty is massive. But, we will see. I like the way he talks dirty but I'm not sure it will win you the Championship.

Jose would be a groovy choice for England Manager. I don't see anyway that it could happen though. Too much Cloughie going on.

JVIP