Friday 13 April 2007

Jose And The Technicolour Dreamcoat


Chelsea Football Club has just scored a double whammy. Petr Cech has been named player of the month in the Premiership for March. Jose Mourinho has been named manager of the month.

Petr Cech is the goalkeeper for Chelsea and he got his award for not letting in a single goal since January 20th. Well done that man! Jose Mourinho is the manager of Chelsea. He got his for instilling a "never say die" attitude into his players apparently. Gritty stuff.

Jose Mourinho is something of a controversial character it would seem. Once describing himself as "special", -"Please don't call me arrogant, but I'm European champion and I think I'm a special one." - he is renowned for his self belief and dapper attire, according to Wikipedia.

He has a unique style of management, which mixes fire and brimstone with a jolly old sing along.
He has, according to his own version of events, worked closely with God:
"If I wanted to have an easy job...I would have stayed at Porto - beautiful blue chair, the Uefa Champions League trophy, God, and after God, me."
He is able to single- handedly lead a team to victory:
" We are on top at the moment but not because of the club's financial power. We are in contention for a lot of trophies because of my hard work."

Here he describes the secret of his success. He really is special isn't he!!

I close my eyes and stand there grinning,
We can’t stop winning,
You’d be grinning too.
When I first came,
I was delighted,
Could have managed United,
Any team will do.
I wore my coat,
The world is merry,
I’ve got John Terry & Drogba too.
I switched them round,
They all are hating,
But I like rotating.
Any team will do.

Rotate on Jose we say! Ole!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh Yeeees
It's a rocking video and funny song. Exactly what you need to get to the top of the premiership
SS

Georgina Best said...

See how simple football can be