Friday 21 September 2007

Too Sexy For My Shirt

This is where our boys will be tomorrow. Bit of a library according to this roving reporter. Despite the obvious downsides of supporting the club though, (the first being that it is not Leicester City), the Charlton fans do try to look on the bright side.

I can't go but I will be wearing my shirt of course. And eating pies. Just so I feel part of it.

It's kind of interesting how the wearing of football shirts by fans has become such an important part of the culture. There is a long tradition of teams having distinctive 'uniforms' , so I guess wearing your team's shirt is one way of honouring the history of the club. I like wearing my shirt most though because I feel sexy in it!

Anyway, whatever the psychology or sociology of it, I will wear mine with a black armband tomorrow. I am going to stop obsessing about him soon I promise, but sad to hear today that The Special One is almost certainly leaving England.

Still, you have to let things go in life don't you. I did need to solve a mystery about him first though before I say goodbye.

Did you ever wonder what happened to his dog?

Good news - I have found him!

2 comments:

Jungle VIP said...

That is one sweet dog. I'm sorry he's leving. My feeling is that he weill be back for absolute certain. Around next may I would guess.
JVIP

Anonymous said...

We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our
community. Your web site offered us with valuable information to
work on. You've done an impressive job and our whole community will be grateful to you.

Feel free to surf to my blog: Nike Air Jordan