Monday 16 June 2008

Blues Go Green


They are no turkeys those Turks that's for sure!

What a match. Drama, madness, heartbreak and delight. It had it all. I was just waiting for the man-eating tiger to bound on the pitch and carry the referee off in his mouth. The way things went even that would not have been too far fetched.

This is obviously my first major tournament since becoming a football fan so I don't have anything to compare it with. I'm not surprised to hear people say it is one of the best ever though. I haven't seen a single match that I would describe as completely dire and most I have seen have had either great attaching football and/or some fantastic defending that was in itself a delight to watch.

Closer to home, the fixture list for next season was released today. I've downloaded the Leicester City fixtures along with a picture of the Walkers Stadium onto my computer where it is now my desktop wallpaper. First match is at home to the MK Dons. Possibly without a manager at the rate we are going.

I have to say I feel very depressed about the names rumoured to be in the frame - Grayson, Lambert - all people who have been out of work for ages. Talk about having to settle for someone else's castoffs.

The most generous thing you can say about the situation is that The Foxes are doing their bit for recycling - even if it is just 'has been' managers.

And blues go green has a ring about it does it not?

5 comments:

areallaticfromthesouth said...

I am sure one of the commentators said last nite 'I am waiting for the men from Mars to land' in response to what was happening on the pitch!! Poor old Cechie boy. It has been a season of clangers for the best goalkeeper in the world!!

Thought MM was going to announce a new manager by now?

Georgina Best said...

He was. I think he is struggling to identify the least worst of those available to him. Now saying end of the week. Meanwhile everyone else is getting on with their preparations for next season...................

areallaticfromthesouth said...

and we got Portsmouth at home - first game for Big Phil

Anonymous said...

The spectre of Mclaran looms closer girl

CF

Georgina Best said...

I feel sick!