Friday 6 June 2008

Nightmare On Filbert Street


I've had pretty much an OK day until about half an hour ago.

There was work obviously but when I got home we went out for a lovely drive and pub meal here.

On the way home we listened to Talk Sport and they were running a phone in on the topic of "Tell us what you hate most about the sport you love most".

A Leicester City fan rang in and said;

"I hate not being able to remember who the manager is"

Though a little harsh I had to admit it was quite funny too.

My lover and I then had a conversation that went like this;

Lover: He's going to struggle to get anyone to go there. He'll have to pay them shedloads of money
GB: It will have to be someone with nothing to lose

Momentary silence, then as I said;

"Oh god - please no!"

my lover simultaneously said;

"Umbrella Man"

I'm not a religious person but I can feel a prayer coming on, with the words Paul Ince in there somewhere.

2 comments:

areallaticfromthesouth said...

Sky Sports News are reporting that Mandaric has asked MK Dons for permission to speak to Paul Ince.

Georgina Best said...

He has I know. But what if he doesn't get him? What if that nightmare thought was to come true and our new manager was the man with the umbrella........ It doesn't bear thinking about!