Monday 9 June 2008

For Goodness Sake France Just Score A Goal


I saw Mr Capello today.

Not in person you understand. On the TV. He was being interviewed (half time entertainment in the Romania/France match). I have to say his command of English was impressive and he was quite charming.

As for the football. Well I'm supposed to be supporting France. But I didn't fall in love with them tonight I have to say. Not that the Romanians made it easy. Weren't they great defensively?

Makes for rather boring football though. One of the commentators said as they came back on the pitch after the half time break "I feel like saying 'For goodness sake France, just score a goal'". I had the very same thought.

Oh and by the way - don't worry that all this continental excitement has made me forget the real football story of the moment.

Come on Mandy - he must be back of his holiday by now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realise Steve Mclaren had gone away ?

CF

areallaticfromthesouth said...

You are gonna have to wait to at least the 15th.....

Georgina Best said...

CF: Stop it! You're scaring me!

areallaticfromthesouth: The suspense is killing me...........