Wednesday 18 June 2008

Gregory's Girl?


I couldn't help but feel sorry for France last night. A very suspect penalty, coupled with a harsh sending off in my opinion (and remember girls, when you are a football fan you must always have an opinion). And an embarrassing deflection off Henry for their second goal was simply the icing on the cake for the Italians.

To be fair of course the Italians do have a certain expertise.

And I'm not sure Monsieur Domenech's response immediately after the game was the most sensitive at a time when the French nation was in mourning as it's team crashed out of Euro 2008.

Meanwhile, in other news, the latest name to be linked to the Foxes is one John Gregory. Who by my reading doesn't have the most awe-inspiring records in management.

I'm always one to give people a chance before I judge of course. But given the difficulty we seem to be having recruiting I can't help worrying that we are probably having to take whatever we can get.

So if we do get JG, I think I'll reserve my unconditional endorsement for a while.

A few good victories could win me over though.

No comments: