Monday 23 June 2008

Fed Up


Is anyone else fed up with the speculation about Cristiano Ronaldo and whether he will leave the ManUre to go to Madrid?

Yes? Me too. So lets not talk about it.

Lets talk instead about last night's match.

I mean are those Italians spoilsports or what? Their style seemed to me to be characterised by a script along the lines of "We aren't actually going to put much effort into winning but we want to make sure you don't either".

Well done to those Spanish for not getting ground down by the negativity. I would have been fed up if they had lost given the way they played compared to Donadoni's lot.

And talking of fed up, do you get fed up with that lot on Match of the Day? I mean for those of you who have been following football for years - how on earth do you put up with their shallow, largely uninformative comments?

There are odd exceptions I know - Martin O'Neill is alright for example. But I reckon even I could offer better analysis than Shearer.

As for the BBC commentators, Motty, whilst endearingly cheesy (and occasionally a little risque it would seem), can be irritating. Not as annoying as Graham Taylor though who we listened to on Five Live as we watched the match on telly.

So lets recap. I'm fed up with speculation, I'm fed up with negative football and I'm fed up with shoddy punditry.

Which just leaves me to say I'm off to be more fed up. Only this time with tea cooked by my lover.

So being fed up isn't all bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you've revealed yourself at last.

Nice picture

CF