Friday 27 June 2008

Pillage And Plunder


It's a dog eat dog world out there in the transfer market isn't it.

It's not just the lowly likes of Leicester who are having players carried off over the shoulder into the night. My lover's team Reading are losing Kitson, Shorey and Harper (allegedly).

As for last night's match - I mean the Russian's did alright but it was a rout really wasn't it. Three brilliant goals which just left Arshavin and his colleagues wondering what happened.

Which reminds me. I need to tell you that I am planning my own little invasion. On this occasion of the south coast. My lover and I are off in our little caravan for the weekend. So you may find me a bit absent over the next couple of days, unless I locate an internet cafe and can throw a few words your way.

My lover doesn't know it yet but I plan to buy my first football this weekend. The truth is I have never kicked a ball properly in my life but I feel driven to develop some level of skill on the ball.

The way things are going any one of us could get called up to play for Leicester if the plundering continues.

3 comments:

Derek said...

Up at 06.45 to do your piece ? What about your lovers breakfast or is he still in the land of nod at this time. One bit of advice about the football. They come in different sizes so suggest you commence with a junior, I think it's number 5. Make sure you kick with your instep and not your toe end, or as we used to say in the old days when football was the sole domain of the male sex, a toe punt. Enjoy your holiday and don't break any caravan windows because it is getting a wee bit chillier at night now.

areallaticfromthesouth said...

Georgina. LEGEND for Leicester City Ladies FC, maybe Reading Ladies FC or HOWABOUT Chelsea Ladies FC!!

Have a good time. BTW u got on The Offside AGAIN!!! eheheheheh

Georgina Best said...

derek: Thanks for the tips on the football. I may offer a public demonstration when I can do 50 keepie-uppies in a row.

areallaticfromthesouth: I do think I probably have some legendary qualities - just not sure in what yet.
Thanks for the note re The Offide. I wondered where the surge in hits had come from!