Wednesday 3 December 2008

Watch With Georgie


Today children we are going to look through ......... the transfer window.

The January 2009 transfer window to be exact.

It's always a time of increasing speculation in the run up, false stories, double bluffs and brinkmanship and a last minute flurry of activity before it closes.

This time will see the added dimension of the "Abu Dhabi" phenomenon.

Of course these are business men so they are not going to squander their money without thought.

By the same token though they have already demonstrated they are quite happy to raise the stakes.

If you believe the rumours, almost anything goes.

So children- teddies at ready!

PS My lover knows the man (a Crystal Palace fan!) who wrote the theme tune for Play School. A pretty good claim to fame I'd say. Unless you have a better one of course.......................

7 comments:

Mosher said...

My ex snogged Andy Cole in a nightclub (and didn't know who he was - she was never into footie) but walked out when he started snorting coke in the "reserved" area of the club.

She also played tonsil tennis with another two Newcastle players who's names escape me.

And more recently had Graham Souness walk up and talk to her in a petrol station when he was managing us. She was a nurse and he recognised her from one of the medicals she's helped with on one of the then-current squad.

This does not, however, stop her being a cheating, lying, backstabbing b*tch.

Derek said...

I once knew Justin Haywards (Moody Blues) Mum and he wrote "Night's in White Satin" because he saw my pajamas and if you believe this you lot will believe anything.
But to be serious in my football days I played a number of televised charity games and some of the people I played against were
Ronnie Corbett, Tommy Steel, Dave King, Bernard Bresslaw and Billie Wright, the ex captain of England just to name a few. I still have the programmes and a few of them autographed.

Stroud'y ' said...

Well wT can comment on just about anything it seems - the Liverpool One was very well done.... That and this posting on Machester City golden shotgun'ing of the January transfer market are themes I hope you return to often.

I left you a veggie place to find on my posting, its just off the M5 in Gloucester.

Please a detailed posting on your delightful LCFC tattoo. x

Georgina Best said...

Mosher: Remind me never to get on the wrong side of you LOL! You didn't by chance have any hand in today's events did you? .......
Derek: I had no idea I was in the presence of such a megastar. We are not worthy!
Father Christmas: Do they sell pies at this shop? Oh and my tattoo is a private matter between me and my avatar.

Mosher said...

Erm, you think I'd just have been happy with him walking off in a sulk? I'd have shot him.

Twice.

Georgina Best said...

In that case you are only allowed to vote ONCE in tonight's poll!

Mosher said...

There's a poll?

Q: How many times should you shoot Roy Keane in the face?

a) Lots
b) Lots and lots
c) More