Saturday 12 January 2008

In Out In Out And Shake It All About

I'm in heaven!

I travelled up to The Walkers today with my lover to see my best match ever.


After a bit of scrabbling around to get ready we set off, stopping on the way for a carbo-loaded meal at a rather seedy pub on the outskirts of Leicester (who puts chips with cheese and potato pie for goodness sake?).


I have to confess I wasn't feeling too optimistic given recent performances but I was excited at the prospect of seeing some of our new signings.


And they didn't disappoint. The first goal by Howard after just 11 minutes was fab and the crowd went mad. The Foxes dominated the game throughout and if they had just had better finishing could have been 6 or 7 up to be honest. The second goal by Hayles was excruciating as it trickled over the line.

Oh and of course I am completely in love with Zsolt Laczko.

Despite the flair, there were a couple of howlers. We were very lucky they did not get an equaliser when a mistake by Stearman left the goal wide open. And frustrating too that Kisnorbo got himself booked. Other than that though Coventry were pretty unimpressive . To the point that Dowie apologised to their fans afterwards! And one of the assistant referees was clearly a secret Foxes supporter ,given the number of times he awarded offside against Coventry when they weren't. I thought it was only girls who weren't supposed to know the offside rule!


Overall though they played like a team. Definitely the best football I have ever seen them play. Well done those Foxes.


And as if the game was not entertaining enough on its own (which it was), Mr Holloway's antics on the touch line were the icing on the cake. He appeared in the technical area every now and then, making somewhat obscure but grand gestures. An arm out here. A leg out there. The odd little foot shuffle and a shaking of the head.


Meantime my poor lover's team lost to Aston Villa 3 -1. Still I cheered him up by pointing out that at least he isn't a Newcastle fan today.


As for me - I''m doing the Hokey Kokey!

1 comment:

Jungle VIP said...

I think Olly has made a good few signings and three points is just what you lot need. As for The Royals.....well....if Talk Sport is to be believed, Reading Fans are looking for Coppell's head....silly sods. Well done foxes

JVIP