Wednesday 16 January 2008

No Pressure Then


They say never go back.

I heard someone on the radio tonight say that only 1 in 10 people who return to something they have done before, no matter how successfully, manage to make it work.

Surprising then perhaps that Kevin Keegan, known for his cautious, safety conscious ways, is prepared to take that risk.

Having said that, the odds on him becoming manager of the month in the near future are pretty good.

All that assumes, of course, that there is any science to how these things work in the world of football. I mean we are talking about a parallel universe here. One in which the likes of Keegan have a status such as that of the Greek Gods.

I don't want to sound cynical. After all it is hard enough to survive in that harsh environment without people not even giving you a chance. But with that kind of worship there is only one way ultimately and that is down. And the world just isn't the same as it was 11 years ago.

I wish him luck. And that he is able to stay this way. And not this.

PS: I've just heard the radio that Havant and Waterville are beating Swansea at half time. Lets hope they can resist the pressure too.

1 comment:

Jungle VIP said...

I have every reason to believe Keegan wants to take Fergie on,,,,,,,in the FA Cup. Unresolved issues I believe. You heard it here first !

JVIP