Sunday 27 January 2008

The Latex One Two


Manchester City suffered a cup defeat at the hands of Sheffield United today.


United were delighted when a groundbreaking new tactic proved a winner. Bryan Robson said:


"We knew Manchester City have been playing well this season and I needed to come up with something a bit special for the lads. The idea came to me when I was watching my grandson and his friends at his birthday party last week. I saw this little boy kick some balloons into the middle of the room then sneak a piece of cake when everyone was distracted. I thought 'I want a piece of that action'.

I couldn't have imagined just how well it would work though. It was like having a 12th man"


When asked whether the lucky first goal was really more a matter of luck than good planning he said:


"We are The Blades. Cutting edge tactics is what we are about"


Robson has dismissed suggestions that the latex one-two will become a regular feature of United's play however. He said:


"You can't always have your cake and eat it. We will be looking for other innovative ways to surprise our opponents. I am already building an idea around pass the parcel but that is all I am prepared to say at this point. We will be judged on our results"


I'm sure you will Bryan.

1 comment:

Jungle VIP said...

I've never rated Mr Robson. Who am I to say of course ? But no, I don't think he's really got it. I remeber very well, his time at Middlesborough. Big Tel had to come and bail him out when he was in trouble. He didn't seem to know much about tactics except....kick run fight.

It comes to something (don't it ?) when the man they call Warnock probably did/does better ?

When he was at Manchester United, it is said that "Wor Bryan" was not only Captain of the team, but also the leader of the "A" group of players who felt it was right and proper to drink 12 pints a night and still train the next day. Day in-Day out.

The Cup has rather saved his bacon though huh ?

JVIP