Thursday 17 January 2008

Tattyfilarious.


I'm not going to post about Keegan tonight (or "Special K" as I heard a fan refer to him on Talk Sport today. Get me a bucket!). Except to say he is not the Messiah. Trust me.


The other compelling story of the day, which I think would have had more coverage if the Magpies hadn't stolen the limelight, is a certain investigation into the tax affairs of one Fabio Capello.


I'm not going to comment on the ins and outs of the situation of course. Just remember that crossing swords with the Her Majesty's Inspector of Taxes is not always a bad thing. Lester might disagree of course. But for some it has provided unlimited material for a comedy routine. Gems such as;


"I told the Inland Revenue I didn't owe them a penny because I lived near the seaside."


and;


"I thought it would be a good idea to go into Politics, maybe I am a little old... but you know... I'd love to be Chancellor of the Exchequer - That way I'll be united with my money!”


Not that the Tax Inspector is likely to come knocking on any of our doors these days. They don't know where any of us live. Some bizarre story about a computer disc and an errant parcel delivery boy.


And now it's time for me to go. It's just left for me to say;


"What a great day for going up to a Newcastle fan, tickling him behind his elbow and saying Who are ya? Who are ya?"

2 comments:

Jungle VIP said...

Fair play to you Best. I heard a bloke on Talk Sport today say "Keegan is an emotional Nightmare, a one trick pony and and man who would not stand up to the senior players in the dressing room. Then there's the " I would love it" episode. Oh, and the "splash it on all over" routine, of course. So, Keegan, ....what do you really think about him ?

I think he's venturer, an optimist and a real bloke in some ways. I remember seeing him on the BBC show superstars.....and saw his focused determination to succeed. Thought, "there's a man"

Fair play to him as well.

JVIP

yanmaneee said...

air jordan
mbt
supreme
christian louboutin shoes
lebron 10
nike epic react
canada goose jacket
nike shox for men
yeezy boost 500
hermes handbags bag