Sunday 20 January 2008

When You're Smiling........


Five things that stopped me smiling this weekend are:


  1. Leicester City only managed a draw (though not as sad as I would have been if they had lost)

  2. The Foxes are just hovering above the relegation zone (lets hope they don't crash and burn)

  3. The planned loan of Isaiah Osbourne to Leicester has been called off (an important part of Ollie's improvement plan)

  4. Liverpool have been further destabilised by talk of a takeover (not that I am particularly fond of of Liverpool but I believe in managers being given proper support and treated decently)

  5. Reading were beaten 0 - 2 by Manchester United despite a brave fight (you should see my lover's little face bless him)

On the other hand, five things that have made me smile this weekend are:


  1. The Wise/Bassett empire has suffered an undignified knock at the hands of Doncaster (you see there is a god)

  2. Arsenal's 3 goals against Fulham (all three beautifully scored)

  3. Keegan "opening talks" with Shearer about a role at the club (if he ends up with anything I predict some meaningless ambassador role)

  4. Ollie's weekly column (what a wag he is)

  5. Something else - but I think I will keep that one to myself.............

1 comment:

Jungle VIP said...

I agree about Shearer. Him and Keegan together will be terrible. Bassett couldn't manage a lemonade stall. And Olly is still cool.

We need to discuss the Liverpool game tomorrow.You know the Mersey boys are my second team. I have .very strong feeling that tommorrow night at Anfield will tell us just about all we'll need to know about who is going to come 4th this year. O'Neil will want to demolish Benitez tomorrow. Just like David Moyes today.

It's a dog eat dog world out there in the Prem.

0 0 at Norwich is a result. And better than being beaten by a load of Carrot Crunchers

JVIP