Thursday 3 January 2008

To Be Brutally Honest..............


........ was the subject of a phone-in today on Talk Sport.

I have to say if you had told me this time last year that I would be a regular listener, I would have said you were having a laugh. Firstly they talk about football most of the time. And second it is quite 'blokey'.

Not surprisingly, though, as my interest in football has increased over the months, I gravitated to 1089/1053 AM. I think Mike Parry is great. I love his energy and passion and he knows stacks about football. Obviously it is disappointing he is an Everton fan but no-one is perfect.

Other favourites are Alan Brazil and of course the adorable Wrighty.

Anyway, having a few days off before I go back to work on Monday, I tuned in, feeling particularly safe from any 'blokeiness' as I was painting my dining room a gorgeous girlie pink.

The "To be brutally honest..." discussion topic was intended to provide an opportunity for people to ring in and say the unsayable. Quotes include:

"Steve Redgrave has never had the recognition he deserves because its rowing. No-one cares"

"Wenger is a rubbish manager. He doesn't buy players in because he is no good at spotting talent."

"Most people would laugh if Allardyce lost his job because he bigged himself up"

I will leave you to decide on the validity of each of these.

Like I say, Talk Sport is an acquired taste.

1 comment:

Jungle VIP said...

Newcstle are facing the mighty stoke today. They do quite well as you know.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-3548756838978925602&q=mighty+stoke&total=11&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

I'd say the potters stand a good chance of turning them over.

As for being brutally honest.....I think I'd better not say too much about foxes today.
JVIP