Friday 11 April 2008

Please Please Please


I don't know about you but I don't have the sexiest of images in my head when I think of Colchester.

Somehow I can't believe anyone would really think it is a cool place and that the football team is worth supporting.

How wrong can a girl be?

In fact, presumably in protest against people like me, the Colchester United squad made a record inciting us to "Stand Up For Col U!".

And the excitement when they got promoted to the Championship a couple of years ago.

To be fair they don't seem to be that brilliant at scoring - even when there is an open goal. And their ground is nothing like as impressive as ours. And of course they are almost relegation certainties for this year. The dreaded second season syndrome.

Which leads me to conclude that if they stuff us tomorrow we are a lost cause.

Please please please may that not happen.

Leicester 'til I die!

4 comments:

Mosher said...

I thought they already *were* relegated? And with a massive negative goal difference.

Frankly, I hate them. Nothing against the team and the town per se, but I have a "psycho ex" who really was/is a complete nutjob. She (I assume still) is a mad Col U fan. So I support the Tractor Boys and giggle when Col U lose. Because I hope that somewhere, it's pissing her off.

Georgina Best said...

Well whatever your motives I hope we both get what we want today.
I think you may be right about relegation. When I looked at the points though it didn't seem to add up - probably my maths!

jordan said...

Sigh.

"On paper," that should have been three points. But the draw will make things much more nerve-wracking over the final three games. There's a good chance we Leicester fans will be seeing our team play against more clubs with grounds like Layer Road next season :(

Anonymous said...

I think Mr Jordan may be right. It's looking very bleak at the Walkers. So bloody difficult to get out of the trap once you're there/ Look at the Royals !

JVIP