Thursday 24 April 2008

Rubbing Salt In The Wounds


I was sad to learn today of Frank Lampard's loss.

I was pleased to learn that Mandaric has declared he has no intention of leaving Leicester City.

I was shocked to think that the perfect Ronaldo could possibly miss a penalty.

But I was completely gobsmacked by one piece of news.

For I have learned that the man many hold responsible for the England team failing to qualify for Europe this summer will be, at the licence payers' expense, offering his 'expertise' to BBC Radio during the tournament.

I'm sure I won't be the only one boycotting BBC Radio and their new pundit, Mr Steve McLaren during that period as a point of principle.

3 comments:

Mosher said...

I'd say "you're joking", but this kind of crap happens all the time. Ah well, I'll be in Asia anyway so I won't be listening/watching the Beeb. Or anyone else. The tournament doesn't actually hold any interest for me with none of the home nations competing.

Anonymous said...

It is crap. And Mosher's right in a way.....why would you bother ?

cf

Anonymous said...

My initial reaction was "You're joking" but then I read Mosher and realised it doesn't matter. I shall be ignoring the football since there none of the home teams are in it (yes, I would support Wales, NI, Scotland and even RoI if they were in it and England weren't). I will be following twenty20, c'mon you foxes!