Wednesday 10 September 2008

Against The Odds


Sorry I didn't get to post yesterday. One of those days where my feet didn't touch the ground (or my fingers the keyboard!).

Of course there has only been one real football story the last couple of days. The Croatia v England match tonight.

It makes me laugh really. Being a girl still fairly new to football I listen to as many commentators as I can to improve my knowledge and understanding. But I can honestly say listening to the radio over the last couple of days has done absolutely nothing to help me make an informed prediction about tonight.

I've heard everything from a fatalistic belief that we are going to get badly turned over, to an analysis of one of Capello's speeches that clearly demonstrates he is going for a draw, right through to a vehement announcement that we are going to pummel the Croatians.

So the honest truth is I haven't a clue how the game will turn out. Looking at recent past performance and the last two clashes with Croatia however (both of which they won), I think a win would be against the odds and a draw a creditable result.

Come on Ingerland!

No comments: