Monday 8 September 2008

That's Entertainment


OK OK.

I get what it is about Alan Shearer.

Did you watch SportAid last night? I thought it was great entertainment.

And yes, much as it pains me I have to say I suddenly realised why everyone goes on about AS.

I have never seen him play before but he has got something a bit special.

I suspected there must me more to him than the shallow drivel he delivers on MOTD.

And talking of entertainment, what a week it was last week.

Multi-billionaires suddenly appearing on the footballing landscape, like knights in shining armour coming to rescue Manchester City. Drama at the eleventh hour as the transfer window closed. Nail biting moments when we all wondered if England would even manage to score against Andorra (which apparently has the same population as Berwick - on - Tweed).

Today seems something of a slow news day in comparison.

I wonder how long that will last.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still not a fan. But lot's are

CF

Imposs1904 said...

I was never a fan of Shearer when he played but I've warmed to him since.

Not because of his punditry, but looking back on his career I like the fact that when he scored a goal, he enjoyed it. He celebrated with a smile on his face.

Such a contrast to so many of today's footballers who, for some reason, think that the appropriate way to celebrate a goal is to contort their faces in anger, acting out 'giving it large' to the crowd.

Tossers the lot of them.

Anonymous said...

Nice one Darren. I've visited your outlets. Very commendable indeed. When i was 18, (about 40 years ago)I used to work with a guy who was an ingrate. He made me one too !

CF

MaryKwizMiz said...

Mary Poppins - great player, still don't want him as wor next manager.. (neither does he :)

Derek said...

I did not watch the programme for two reasons.
I can only watch serious football and the other is I cannot stand those two poison dwarfs Ant and Dec

Georgina Best said...

darren: Shearer does smile but he is a bit smug. Maybe that's allowed when you are that good.
teetotallynot: Very wise - no pun intended............
derek - shame on you. They speak so highly of you too.