Sunday 21 September 2008

Battle Of The Ponytails



It's funny how football can become such a part of your life.




I don't just mean how it drives you to get up at some unearthly hour on a Sunday to watch Match of the Day because you missed it last night (as my lover and I did this morning).




Take for example the conversation I had with my lover after a visit to the supermarket yesterday lunchtime to buy food for the meal we were planning for friends last night.




What you need to know is that both my lover and our friend John have long ponytails. Now obviously I adore my lover and as part of that I love his ponytail. But a girl can look if you know what I mean and I can't help but notice that John's rich dark locks are fairly spectacular.




When I reminded my lover that the evening held the prospect of the battle of the ponytails he looked a little crestfallen. But as I explained to him, its like the Liverpool Stoke fixture. You don't expect Stoke to win but you have to give them credit for turning up and having a go.




And as it turned out of course Liverpool were held to a draw. Amazing what you can achieve with a good brush and a bottle of conditioner.


No comments: