Wednesday 22 August 2007

Spice Up That Anthem


I turned the radio on this evening at 8pm just in time to hear this and then this.

Now it may be because I am an atheist republican but the English national anthem really doesn't do it for me. In fact to me it sounds more like this. I know there are some who would prefer this. But I'm afraid I don't like that either. Smacks too much of imperialism.

Question is what to have instead. Well I don't dislike this. In truth though I am probably not the best person to choose. I simply don't have that 'national' thing going on.

If it did have a hand in what was played at the start of an English football international though I would definitely rock things up a bit. Here are some suggestions:

Imagine one of those ringing out at the next world cup.

There are of course those who think football and rock should never mix.

I can't say I agree. I think it just needs a little creativity and imagination.

What about a WAGs performance of this to put the wind up the opposition? Led of course by our very own Mrs Beckham.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course there is always the Sex Pistol's version of God save The Queen!

Georgina Best said...

Never mind the b******s. Lets go for it!

Jungle VIP said...

I like this. Little Elvis C had something to do with it and it has something of a Hymn about it.


http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=5516466681201732285&q=narrow+daylight&total=23&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Love JVIP