Saturday 8 March 2008

Play For Your Lives

Amazing!

I have to say if I was a Barnsley fan this evening I would be feeling very proud.
It's not just the fact that they won against all the odds. It was the spirit with which they played.

You could tell at various points in the game that they lacked the skill of a Premiership team. But they more than made up for this by their shared hunger, determination, self-belief. They played as if their lives depended upon it.
My lover is celebrating too because Reading pulled off a desperately needed win.

I hope he is feeling benevolent as a result. I'm in desperate need of some TLC after another disappointing result. We need to start playing for our Championship lives.
Hopefully both Ollie and my lover have some tricks up their sleeves to soothe my troubled soul.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tricks and sleeves are always things to rely on. SurAlex is gonna need a few over the next few days to avoid being relegated to the cheap seats one supposes.

JVIP

Mosher said...

And Portsmouth. And Cardiff...

Ladybristol said...

The Barnsley match had me thinking I was glad not to be one of their supporters, I think I would have had a heart attack during the last minutes of the game if I was.
Was a weekend of good football with the 'smaller' teams showing it's not money that makes a good game, just good football.
Roll on the semi's

Georgina Best said...

JVIP: SurAlex invariably has something up those sleeves of his

Mosher: It was a weekend that's for sure. What the FA cup is all about

ladybristol: I'm not even a fan of their's but the excitement was amazing.

Mosher said...

And a good draw as well. A Championsh.... stuff it. An all 2nd-Division (bring back the old days) final would have been too much to hope for but at least we're *guaranteed* one of them in the final now.

You know, it might even be a cup final worth *watching* for the first time in years.