Saturday 1 March 2008

Ooohh What A Day


We've got some friends coming over for a meal later.

They are both Everton fans apparently. They don't know it yet but we plan to play the Talk Sport Football Quiz with them. Its on DVD and interactive so we can play as teams.

We bought it in the pound shop a few weeks ago. Each round is introduced by one or two of the Talk Sport presenters. It's as cheesy as they come of course but stretching and funny.

Of course, being Saturday I have had my ears tuned to the football world. After listening to the Talk Sport commentry on the Fulham/United match I excitedly awaited the full time results.

And what a day;

Newcastle lost. It can't be. You are in quick sand Kevin. They can't afford to wait. You are about to sink.

Tottenham - what a kicking! What on earth was going on at St James' Park today?

And I hear there were fights on the pitch at the Chelsea match as Avram Grant and his team put two fingers up to his critics.

Oh and I do fear for Arsenal. A narrow miss and only a draw in any event. I have a feeling the Red Devils are going to get the better of them again this season.

Meantime, both my lover and I are celebrating 1 - 0 wins, although the Royals are still languishing in the relegation zone, whereas we are looking a much healthier 17th.

Our guests will of course have to wait before they find out about their fate against Portsmouth tomorrow.

3 comments:

Jungle VIP said...

Its a good day when your team wins. Fingers crossed worked. I fear, however, other peoples' results have gone against the foxes ?
JVIP

Anonymous said...

I too celebrated both the Royals and Foxes wins with a rather less than quiet "Yess!" in the middle of John Lewis yesterday afternoon in front of one of their TV screens. That I celebrated Reading's win passed the other watchers by as they were doing much the same but the Leicester celebration turned a few heads.

Georgina Best said...

I so love a man who can express himself in public