Tuesday 25 March 2008

Star Struck


Ah bless!

David Wheater (who bizarrely looks as if he could be Ian Dowie's son) has been called up for the England squad. The Middlesbrough player is said to be delighted at his selection and has promised to take his autograph book to get David Beckham's signature.

According to teammate George Boating he is renowned for being a bit star-struck;

"He comes in with these autograph books and asks players to sign. I say 'Go away, I'm your colleague now'".

And his manager Gareth Southgate fears it may all go to his head;

"He deserves it. I haven't seen him yet - I think he is on an open-top bus in Redcar."

My lover and I have got a little bit of "I wanna be famous" going on. Not masses - just a bit. In fact tonight we have been to find out about broadcasting a radio show on our local community radio, which has just got a licence.

We will be developing ideas for a show over the next couple of days so if you have any suggestions we would love to hear them. Of course I will ensure that Leicester City get the odd mention. It might even present an opportunity to convert some more girls to the beautiful game.

Don't worry though. I promise not to stop 'blogging' even if I get famous. How else could you keep up to date with the whirlwind that is football?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea. I've got lot's of broadcasting heroes. One, I havn't mentioned before is, Olivia O'Leary. She used to run a hot-shot news and fact-finding show called "First Tuesday"

The other, is Jerina Adams. The lady who does Traffic on Talk Sport. No one knows much about Jerina. She's an enigma and growing in stature by the day I believe. Interestingly, she's from Telford.

JVIP

Georgina Best said...

JVIP: I'm not sure you can be an enigma and come from Telford. They seem mutually exclusive to me

Anonymous said...

Actually Jerina is from Tamworth in Staffordshire.