Monday 10 March 2008

Top Shelf


I've been to Aldi's today (see how exciting my life is) to buy some shelves.,

"What's that got to do with football?" I hear all you eager girls (and maybe some boys) say.

Well I think we can make some use of the theme of shelves don't you?

Such as who will be left on the shelf at the end of the season? Who are the managers who have been sent packing this season and haven't found a new club to love them?

Well there is Mad Dog Allen, who appears to have left the party all together. Iain Dowie may well find he is still attracting dust as he patiently waits for someone to ask him to dance. Martin Jol may well need to consider taking up knitting unless he has a miraculous change of fortune. And a club that doesn't mind their players eating a few pies.

Talking of pies, there's Big Sam of course. Mourinho is still not working either but he has been courted by many so that doesn't count.

And what about Hicks shelving his talks with the Dubai group?

Or Barnsley's and Cardiff's top shelf performances this weekend? (or should that be top drawer....)

Anyway, that's enough of that. I think it is time to shelve this topic.

I'm off to clean my cupboards.

3 comments:

Jungle VIP said...

Yea yea....as good as you get GB. Broad piece of work. I think you must have been watching football at the weekend or something.......get a life girl

JVIP

Ladybristol said...

You just reminded me, I need to put my dart board up. Season starts on Thursday, will be my first game since having the kids and the eldest is 20 now!
I think I may need some practice.

Georgina Best said...

jvip: well it beats putting shelves up...........

ladybristol: Who's face will your dartboard have on it to inspire your practice I wonder